The Bullnose

The Bullnose
This is how she looked the day she came home, 29 January 2009

16 February 2010

Haven't gotten much done...

My daily driver (1998 900 SE turbo convertible) and my wife's bedamned VW Passat Wagon have kept me away from the 96 more than I would like.

As I mentioned earlier, one of the cylinders is frozen in the block.  I've tried all sorts of things and I've been leaving Marvel Mystery Oil in as well.  I've let MMO soak in from the top, the exhaust side and the intake side.  Both exhaust and intake allowed the oil to soak in but the top did not.

I really want to get that cylinder out so that I can send my crankshaft out for rebuild.  In the meantime, I will continue stripping the car.  I'll be stripping the interior/dashboard next.

No comments:

Post a Comment