The Bullnose

The Bullnose
This is how she looked the day she came home, 29 January 2009

06 February 2010

Getting a little frustrated with the frozen cylinder.  I put naval jelly all around the top of the frozen cylinder and left it for two days.  The edges turned clear and that usually means that it is eating rust.  I cleaned it out and cycled the crank a little bit to get the connecting rod lined up.Then I pushed... and pulled... and cursed a little.  And then I reminded myself that the whole reason I have this 96 is because it would bring joy for us.  I decided to try naval jelly at the intake and give it some time.

With no engine work readily available, I focused on gutting the engine compartment. I started with disconnecting the generator and starter.













Then I tackled the wiring harness.













I got most of it taken apart (with lots of pictures and notes along the way).
Then I removed all of the rest.













Coil, condenser, brake cylinder, radiator, fusebox assembly, front bumper and a couple of hoses.

Along the way, I was developing opinions about where the worst rust would be.
Here's the winner:













The winner of the worst welding ever event:













Lastly, I took pictures of some of the details I revealed along the way:










                                          
This one is my new desktop.
                                           





                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment